With over 2,000 exhibitors, more than 100 seminars and product presentations, and more than 65,000 attendees, the 2018 AHR Exposition provides a unique forum for the entire HVACR industry, from product designers and engineers to contractors and end-users, to come together and share ideas, discover new products, and find solutions to technical problems.
Be there, Jan. 22-24, 2018 at McCormick Place in Chicago.
Some of the exhibits attendees will see include:
• VFDs (variable frequency drives) for HVAC applications—specifically designed for building automation applications, helping minimize energy costs and maximizing occupant comfort
• Upgraded Wi-Fi-connected thermostat technology that allows for control via iOS or Android apps, plus email notifications and advanced voice control
• A self-contained HVAC system for hazardous locations, designed to prevent an explosion by using only non-arcing components installed in a light increased safety enclosure
• Software that allows engineers and designers to create air systems including both air handlers and rooftop units, including the tools to design complex hydronic, steam,
plumbing and VRF (variable refrigerant flow) systems along with control schematics
• An array of tools, including heavy-duty wire strippers built with the durability of pliers and the sharpness and precision of a wire stripper; thermal imaging technology with Wi-Fi that uses a slim IR camera with an integrated touch-screen; a handheld particle counter for indoor air quality investigations; and a copper line cleaning tool that removes contaminants from existing refrigeration and air conditioning lines.
CLICK THROUGH THE GALLERY TO SEE SOME PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS AND THE 2018 INNOVATION AWARD WINNERS
More than 70 free sessions will be presented by experts from industry-leading organizations. Sessions are designed for easy integration of valuable education time into attendees’ overall Show agendas. Highlights include:
• Building Automation Systems 101 (1/22, 11 am-12 noon, S103A)
• Global Trends in HVAC (1/22, 8-10 am, S102BC)
• Engineer-focused Cooling Tower Fundamentals (1/22, 2-3 pm, S102A)
• The Future of Building Automation, Data at the Open Intelligent Edge (1/22, 9:30 am, S103A)
• Health Impacts of Indoor Air Quality (1/22, 3:30-4:30 pm, S103D)
• Future of The Billable Hour (1/23, 1-2 pm, S104A)
• Solving Moisture Mysteries with a Psychrometric Chart (1/23, 3:30-4:30 pm, S103D)
• Solve Hidden Maintenance Issues Using Testing and Balancing (1/22, 1-2:30 pm, S102A)
The New Product & Technology Theater sessions will feature 102 exhibitors showcasing their new and upgraded products. These free presentations are a great way to receive brief yet informative overviews of new innovations on the market. Held in three theaters at McCormick Place, the demonstrations will take place all three days of the Show. Find the schedule online at
Visit the Building Automation & Control Showcase
Find the latest HVAC automation technology in the BAC Showcase. It has more than 150 exhibitors, and is the go-to place on the Show floor to find BAS solutions to monitor and integrate HVAC and other systems as well as the latest controls to enhance system performance. Whether you’re looking to address current project needs or want to stay on top of building automation trends, this is the place to start. Exhibitors include Braeburn Systems, Onicon, Delta Products Corp., Tridium and Reliable Controls. Booths 3809 to 4365.
Earn PDHs/CEUs: ASHRAE Offers Courses at the Convention Center
ASHRAE will be offering 18 half-day and full-day paid courses at the Convention Center that earn 3 PDHs/LUs or .3 CEUs. They will also hold seven free sessions on best-practices for credit that are free to all attendees. Sessions begin Sunday afternoon and run through Tuesday.