The Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute (ARI)
today announced the 10 winners of the Clifford H. "Ted" Rees, Jr.
Scholarships for the Spring 2007 semester. ARI's Rees Scholarship was
established to honor the legacy of Ted Rees, a former president of ARI, and his efforts to encourage HVACR manufacturers to provide support to
strengthen vocational and technical school education nationwide.
The scholarship was established to encourage students to pursue higher
education and a career as heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, and
refrigeration (HVACR) technicians. The award is a $2,000 scholarship for
qualified students who are enrolled, or plan to enroll, in an HVACR
program at an accredited institution. The foundation awards 10
scholarships to deserving students twice a year before the fall and
spring academic semesters.
Selection criteria used by the review committee included academic
performance, letters of recommendation, work history, and a short essay.
Winners of the $2000 scholarships are:
- Shawn Wasielewski, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Williamsport, PA
- Tobias Mason, Bellingham Technical College, Bellingham, WA
- Nguyen Don Mau, Blackhawk Technical College, Janesville, WI
- Anthony Kiser, Palm Beach Community College, Lake Worth, FL
- Greg Pewtress, Bellingham Technical College, Bellingham, WA
- Samuel Nazario, Technical Education Center of Osceola, Kissimmee, FL
- Justin Meiner, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI
- Avery Denney, SUNY Canton-College of Technology, Canton, NY
- Amy Karpes, Blackhawk Technical College, Janesville, WI
Cody B. Jones, South Plains College, Levelland, TX
For more information, visit www.ari.org.