To kick-off the launch of their new residential product, the ecobee Smart Si thermostat and to preview their latest commercial product, the ecobee EMS Si thermostat, ecobee Inc., makers of the award-winning Smart and EMS thermostats, announced today that they will be embarking on a 7-week long Road Trip across the United States beginning in May.
Members of the ecobee team will travel cross-country in an ecobee-branded RV from May 17th to June 25th, 2012, and stop at more than 50 ecobee distributor locations to host morning, lunch, and afternoon events for HVAC contractors. During these scheduled events, the ecobee team will be conducting live demos of the new Smart Si and EMS Si thermostats, hosting training sessions, and offering delicious food including classic breakfasts, and fun afternoon barbecues.
ecobee will be purchasing carbon offsets to cover all travel associated with the Road Trip, including both vehicle and air transportation.
Throughout the Road Trip, the ecobee RV will also stop at various local attractions to showcase the ecobee Smart Si thermostat to consumers, offer giveaways and give live product demonstrations. For the duration of the cross-country tour, ecobee will be hosting two exciting contests including one for HVAC contractors who attend the distributor events, and one for consumers who can “Tweet” a photo of the ecobee RV for a chance to win the New iPad.
“We’re so thrilled to have the opportunity to showcase our latest product, the new Smart Si and give a sneak peek of our EMS Si thermostat through our first ever cross-country Road Trip. The Smart and EMS Si both deliver the quality, innovation and great features our partners and customers have come to expect from ecobee, all at a great price,” says Stuart Lombard, ecobee’s President and CEO.
He continues, “What better way to get the word out about these sensational new products, than to offer live demos and product training to our distributor and contractor partners across the U.S., and have a little fun while we’re at it? We can’t wait to hit the road to embark on this adventure!”
Additionally, ecobee will be purchasing carbon offsets to cover all travel associated with the Road Trip, including both vehicle and air transportation.
Additional information about the ecobee Road Trip, including event details and contest rules can be found on ecobee’s Road Trip website at http://roadtrip.ecobee.com.
The ecobee Road Trip will begin in Seattle, Washington, and conclude in Boise, Idaho. City stops will include:
- Seattle, WA—Thursday May 17th
- Portland, OR—Friday May 18th
- Sacramento, CA—Monday May 21st
- San Jose, CA—Monday May 21st
- Los Angeles, CA—Tuesday May 22nd
- Phoenix, AZ—Wednesday May 23rd
- Dallas, TX—Friday May 25th
- Tampa, FL—Tuesday May 29th
- Orlando, FL—Wednesday May 30th
- Raleigh, NC—Friday, June 1st
- New York City, NY—Monday June 4th
- Hanover, NJ—Tuesday June 5th
- Hawthorne, NJ—Tuesday June 5th
- Cape Cod, MA—Wednesday June 6th
- Boston, MA—Wednesday June 6th, Tuesday June 7th, Wednesday June 8th
- Manchester, NH—Thursday June 7th
- Portsmouth, NH—Thursday June 7th
- Cleveland, OH—Monday June 11th
- Columbus, OH—Tuesday June 12th
- Indianapolis, IN—Wednesday June 13th
- Chicago, IL—Thursday June 14th
- Milwaukee, WI—Friday June 15th
- St. Louis, MO—Monday June 18th
- Springfield, MO—Tuesday June 19th
- Denver, CO—Thursday June 21st
- Boise, ID—Monday June 15th
Servicing both the Utility and HVAC markets, ecobee’s line of Wi-Fi enabled thermostats, online web portals and smart phone apps are the products of choice for ease of use, energy efficiency and demand response programs.