Eight vendors received the first-ever HVAC Comfortech Showcase Awards, September 12, 2003 in Dallas, TX. Contracting Business Publisher Joe Fristik and Editor-in-Chief Mike Murphy presented the winning companies with plaques recognizing innovation in eight product categories. The judges took into consideration the ease with which HVAC contractors can apply the technology, and the technical value of the product or service to the HVAC industry.
Categories and winners include:
- Instrumentation — Testo, Inc. for the Testo Kool, a digital refrigeration service manifold.
- Indoor Air Quality — Air Advice, for its diagnostic IAQ monitor.
- Cooling Equipment — Unico, Inc. for the Unico System, a mini-duct central heating and air conditioning system.
- Heating Equipment— Rheem/Ruud, 90 Plus modulating gas furnace, a 94 AFUE gas furnace with a modulating gas valve
- Software — Wright Soft, Right Suite Residential, a standardized design and sales software package.
- Controls/Zoning— Arzel Zoning Technologies, Inc., Arzel Zoning Damper System, a versatile zoning application for the retrofit market.
- Aftermarket — Kool Kap, Kool Kap Protective Cover, air conditioning accessory to keep debris out of the unit.
- Training —- Refrigeration Systems Engineering Society (RSES), CD-ROM edition of the Technical Institute HVACR Training Manuals.
Two of the winning products will be featured each month, in a special section of the magazine beginning with the November issue of Contracting Business.