The attention publications such as Contracting Business.com have devoted to the HVACR industry labor shortage is paying off, as more organizations begin grassroots efforts to build the HVACR workforce.
Eight HVACR industry organizations have formed the HVACR Workforce Development Foundation. Members include:
- Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI)
- Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA)
- Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Heating, Air-conditioning & Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI)
- Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI)
- Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Contractors Association (PHCC)
- Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES).
The Foundation will work to raise awareness of the industry, attract new members to the workforce, and enhance the quality of the available workforce in the industry.
The Foundation will market to the industry, to federal and state education and labor departments, and to career and technical education programs. It will also educate secondary school principals, counselors, and teachers of the career prospects in the HVACR industry.