Meyer & Depew Co. was founded more than 56 years ago by Robert E. Meyer and James G. Depew, in Hillside, NJ. The founders sold the business in 1979 to a two-man partnership, which included Bob Ring, who had joined the company in 1961 and worked his way up in the company to operations manager. In 1998, Bob and his son, Bobby (above), assumed full control of the company. Bob has since retired, and Bobby is running the operation as company president. Meyer & Depew Co. has continued its decades-long tradition of providing top-quality HVACR equipment and service to residential and commercial customers.
IN THE TRUCKS
- Number and type of trucks/vans: A total of 32 vehicles, consisting of a rack track, four Ford® pickups, and 27 Chevrolet® vans.
- Inventory on trucks/vans: Service vans carry about $5,000 worth of parts and other items necessary to provide prompt repairs to our clients' systems.
- Preferred tools and test instruments technicians carry: Promax recovery machines; Robinair® vacuum pumps; Visual Defects heat exchanger inspection kits. Test instruments include Fluke® temperature/humidity meters; Fluke multimeters; Fluke amp meters; Dwyer® gas pressure test kits; Dwyer magnehelic guages; JB manifold gauge sets for R-22 and R-410A.
- Preferred field communications method: Sprint/Nextel; Motorola cell phones featuring Nextel Direct Connect® service (technicians). Blackberry® Storms™ with Nextel Direct Connect (managers/salespeople). Some managers carry Apple® iPhones with AT&T® service.
- Preferred ladders: Louisville.
IN THE OFFICE
- Preferred business management software: SAWIN.
- Preferred sales management software: SAWIN'S sales and marketing module.
- Preferred computer/printer equipment: Dell servers and HP printers.
- Preferred photocopier equipment: Canon copier, network printer, network scanner, and network fax.
- Business connection to the Internet via: Comcast cable, (46MB download and 3MB upload).
- Preferred uniform supplier: Rent from Unifirst; saving a bundle over buying.
- Credit Cards accepted: VISA®, MasterCard®, Discover®, and American Express® (when necessary).
IN THE SHOP
- Preferred HVAC heating and cooling equipment brands: For residential projects, we're a Carrier® Factory Authorized Dealer. For commercial projects, we sell primarily Carrier, but for replacements, we use the brand that, a) makes the most sense for the application; b) is readily available; and c) is sold by wholesalers that provide great service and support.
- Preferred zoning equipment: ZoneFirst™.
- Number of technicians currently certified and type of certification: 24 NATE®-certified technicians.