Nordyne, O’Fallon, MO, has taken steps to help its Frigidaire, Maytag, NuTone, Tappan, and Westinghouse dealers and distributors compete in the “green” market.
Nordyne’s new “ecoLogic” seal will be used to designate those products that use environmentally-friendly energy-conserving technology.
Matt Lattanzi, Maytag brand manager, says the idea is in line with the company’s commitment to using environmentally-friendly, energy-conserving technology.
“Our ecoLogic family makes it easy for homeowners to identify green heating and cooling products, and helps the contracor sell up to higher efficiency units,” Lattanzi says.
To receive ecoLogic designation, the products must:
- be rated as Energy Star products
- use non-ozone-depleting refrigerant, such as R-410A
- produce low NOx emissions
- include multi-stage, variable-speed compressors
- feature “smart” control boards or diagnostic controls
- incorporate noise-reducing features.
Visit www.nordyne.com for additional information.