The Water Heating Division of the Rheem Manufacturing Company paid special tribute to eleven different suppliers at its Annual Supplier Conference, May 3-4 at the Legends at Capital Hill in Prattville, AL. The awards were presented by the Supplier Development Department, which was organized in 2002 to forge more effective working relationships between Rheem Water Heating and its key partners.
Simon Parfitt, president of the Rheem Water Heating Division; Bill Kennedy, supplier development manager; and Carrie Groebner, water heating division purchasing manager presented a "Supplier-Partner of the Year" award to the top performing supplier in each of six different commodity groupings:
- Manufactured Components: Diamond Manufacturing Co., Wyoming, PA.
- Plastic/Rubber Components: Mercury Plastics, Inc., Middlefield, OH.
- Electrical-Mechanical Components: Channel Products, Inc., Chesterland, OH.
- Printed/Packaging/Insulation Components: CM Associates, Tinley Park, IL.
- Raw Materials: Prime Steel Corp., Northbrook, IL.
- Distribution: Store Room Fasteners, Montgomery, AL.
The Supplier-Partner of the Year awards were based upon supplier performance in five categories: technology, delivered product quality, service and support, delivery, and cost. In addition, the average division rating for the calendar year, the number of plants serviced and the dollar volume of purchases were factors in determining the winner for each of the six commodity groups.
The Supplier Development Department also cited six companies for achieving "zero defects" in the products and services they supplied to Rheem Water Heating during 2005. The award recipients were:
- Store Room Fasteners, Montgomery, AL.
- Channel Products, Inc., Chesterland, OH.
- Corrugados de BAJA California, Tijuana, Baja, CA.
- Bull Moose Tube Company, Trenton, GA.
- Effikal International Inc., Orion, MI.
- Centro De Distribucion Del Norte s.a.de c.v. (Cedinor) (Nuevo Leon Mexico).