MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions is one of the largest design/build mechanical contractors in the Pacific Northwest. Services include mechanical engineering, Design/Build construction, custom metal fabrication, service and maintenance of systems and equipment, and energy management programs that include a high-level of utility rebate dollars for lighting and HVAC solutions. Established in 1965, the company employs more than 150 office staff and 450 field personnel. In 2008, MacDonald-Miller's gross sales exceeded $160 million. MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions won a 2009 ContractingBusiness.com Design/Build Award for the Shoreline City Hall project (see http://bit.ly/ShorelineCH). Derrick “Gus” Simonds (pictured above) is president.
- Number and type of trucks/vans: six cars (including two Toyota Priuses);166 Chevy vans; 118 full size and small Chevy and Toyata pickups; 11 mid-size flatbed Chevy and Isuzu trucks; five Chevy and Isuzubox trucks; four Toyota and Lincoln SUVs; one International Harvester bucket truck.
- Test instruments technicians carry: Fluke 902 multimeter; Testo manometer; Supco M500 megohmmeter; JB micron gauge; Bacharach Fyrite Pro combustion analyzer.
- Tools provided to technicians: Appion 65 recovery machine; DeWalt power tools; Bachrach Informant 2 leak detector; Victor MC cutting/welding torch kit; JB 7CFM vacuum pump; WEY-TEK 713-500 recovery scale.
- Preferred field communications method: Sprint/Nextel; Motorola cell phones featuring Nextel Direct Connect® service (technicians and field foremen).
- Preferred ladders: Werner.
- Preferred business management software: WennSoft; G.P. Dynamics; Microsoft Office 2007; Adobe CS4 for internal graphic design.
- Preferred load calculation software: Trane Trace 700.
- Preferred sales management software: Microsoft CRM.
- Preferred computers/printers: Hewlett-Packard.
- Preferred photocopiers: Panasonic; Canon.
- Business connection to the Internet via: Qwest.
- Preferred uniform supplier: Cintas.
- Credit cards accepted: VISA; MasterCard.
- Preferred HVAC equipment brands: Carrier; Trane; Reznor; RBI boilers; Aerco.
- Preferred accessories: Nailor; Titus; Greenheck; Ruskin; Shoemaker.
- Preferred zoning equipment: Nailor; Titus; Enviro-Tec.
- Preferred Indoor Air Quality equipment: Kele.
- Number of technicians currently certified and type of certification: 100 technicians covering HVAC, electrical, lighting, controls, commissioning, TAB, and plumbing. All are certified based on trade.
- Preferred distributors: Ferguson; Gensco.