Turner & Schoel's roots extend to the late 1800s, and a small sheet metal shop operated by J.P. Turner. Turner and Fred Schoel became business partners in 1915, and proceeded to expand the operation to include HVAC services. Today, Turner & Schoel employ 48 people with more than 390 years of combined experience. The company provides HVAC service and replacement for new construction projects, and commercial and residential system replacements. President Philip R. Hall (above, right) and vice president Tony Brown lead the company. Turner & Schoel recently received an Amana 2008 President's Club Top Dealers Award.
IN THE TRUCKS
- Number and type of trucks/vans: 1Toyota Tacoma; 5 Ford F350s; 3 GMC 3500 Super Cabs; 2 GMC 2500HDs; 1 Mazda B3000s; 3 Ford E150 vans; 5 Ford E250s; 6 Chevy 2500s; 2 Ford 250s; 3 Ford F150 extended cabs.
- Test instruments technicians carry: Rotobrush® AiR+ ®air duct cleaning system; Spectroline AR/Glo® EZ-ject dye; Davis® anenometer; Yellow Jacket® refrigerant gauges and vacuum pumps; Wytek digital refrigerant scales; Fieldpiece and Fluke meters; Robinair® vacuum pumps; Cooper digital temperature meters (3 zone); Dewalt® and Hitachi cordless drills; Yellow Jacket manometers.
- Preferred tools and test instruments technicians carry: Uniweld® brazing system; Klein Tools lineman pliers; Kobalt® hand tools; Wiss® snips; Amtrol® M971 refrigerant recovery cylinders; Appion™ refrigerant recovery machines.
- Preferred field communications method: Sprint® wireless phones; Nextel phone and linc service.
- Preferred ladder type: Louisville.
IN THE OFFICE
- Preferred business management software: Servicom; Microsoft Windows® XP.
- Preferred load calculation software: Right-Suite® by Wrightsoft®.
- Fleet tracking software: GPS North America and Signal Trac.
- Computer/printer equipment: Kyocera Mita.
- Preferred photocopier equipment: Kyocera Mita.
- Business connection to the Internet via: Comcast.
- Preferred uniform supplier: Purchase from Cintas.
- Credit cards accepted: VISA; MasterCard; Discover®
IN THE SHOP
- Preferred HVAC heating and cooling equipment brands: Amana; American Standard
- Number of technicians currently certified and type of certification: Six NATE-certified technicians.
- Preferred accessories: Amana; American Standard; Honeywell®; Aprilaire®; HealthyAireSM
- Preferred distributors: Associated Equipment Supply; M&A Supply.