Women in HVACR, the organization committed to educating, networking and mentoring women in all facets of the HVACR industry, has announced its 2008 board of directors.
Karen Riffice of Soderlund Brothers, Inc., Oaklawn, IL takes over as president of the organization. Riffice has more than 30 years experience in the contracting segment of the industry, and sees her presidency as an opportunity to give back to the field that has given her so much.
Riffice says she would like to see WHVACR increase its outreach to schools to raise awareness about careers in the HVAC industry. She also wants the organization to continue to improve networking between members.
“If you have a question or concern about your business or career, chances are there are WHVACR members who can help,” Riffice says.
“In addition to the continued focus on the education and programming, the Women in HVACR board will concentrate on mentoring and outreach programs, as well as working on the development of regional chapters,” says Gwen Hostnik, WHVACR past-president and group marketing director/conference manager for Contracting Business magazine and HVAC Comfortech, Cleveland, OH.
WHVACR officers for 2008 are:
• President — Karen Riffice, Soderlund Bros., Oaklawn, IL
• Vice president — Barbara Keil, Keil Heating and Air
Conditioning, Riverdale, NJ
• Secretary — Kimberly O’Neal, HARDI, Columbus, OH
• Treasurer — Kathy McCauley, president, McCauley
Mechanical Construction, Inc., Bridgeview, IL.
WHVACR board members for 2008 include:
• Adrienne Breedlove, Mechanical Contractors Association
of America (MCAA), Rockville, MD
• Nita Brooks, International Service Leadership, Inc.,
• Ruth Ann Davis, Williams Furnace, Frisco, TX
• Valerie Stakes, Multilingual Training Solutions,
Cleveland Hts., OH.
Women in HVACR membership is comprised of more than 300 female and male members of all aspects of the HVACR industry. Visit www.womeninhvacr.org for additional information.