CHICAGO — Seresco USA Inc., Decatur, Ga., the leading indoor pool mechanical dehumidifier manufacturer in North America, presented manufacturer's representative Havtech, Columbia, Md., with its "2017 Rep of the Year" award at the International Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo 2018) Jan. 23 in Chicago.
- Seresco also gave Quota Buster awards to 11 manufacturer’s rep firms that helped Seresco record a 34-percent increase over 2016. Quota Busters were:
- Kilmer Environmental, Mississauga, Ontario
- Qualite Air Totale Inc., (QAT), Laval, Quebec
- Gardiner, Solon, Ohio
- Hahn-Mason Air Systems Inc., Charlotte, N.C.
- Midwest Mechanical Solutions, Golden Valley, Minn.
- ThermalNetics, Auburn Hills, Mich.
- Marsh Specialty HVAC, Black Diamond, Alberta
- Hobbs and Associates, Virginia Beach, Va.
- Texas AirSystems, Dallas
- The Master Group, Boucherville, Quebec
- McQueeny Group, Overland Park, Kan.
Havtech recorded a 384-percent sales increase in its Washington DC and Baltimore area territories over last year—a near-record for the 14-year old annual event. CEO, Norm Long attributes the 31-year-old firm’s success last year to several projects including the Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia, Fairfax, Va. The JCC renovated its facility into a cutting-edge aquatic area that included a 20-ton Seresco NP-Series “Protocol” dehumidifier that environmentally uses up to 75-percent less refrigerant than conventional mechanical models. Another project was a group of natatoriums for the Maryland National Capital Parks and Planning Commission (MNCPPC), Riverdale, Md., which used seven NP-Series dehumidification units ranging from 20 to 50-tons on three aquatic facility retrofits. “The facility director was looking to keep a watchful eye over the three buildings from his remote office using Seresco’s WebSentry® Web browser-based technology,” said Long, “which allows access to the monitoring and control of the units via a smartphone.”
Another Havtech project, the new $20 million, 435,000-sq.ft. St. James Sports and Wellness Center, Springfield, Va. is using three 64-ton NP-Series dehumidifiers for its natatorium that offers a 52-meter Olympic-sized indoor pool and other aquatic features.
“Havtech has teams of experts that are fully engaged in all aspects of a project from design all the way to start up and commissioning,” said Mark Palitza, national sales manager, Seresco. “They don’t rest until every project they work on is a success. This is an amazing rep firm and we are delighted to have them as a partner.”