The breadth and importance of disaster planning cannot be overstated. The very life of your business depends on it. As a starting point, we have listed some excellent government websites that are a worth a visit. We have also shortened your research time by providing you with a list of consultants in the disaster industry. When doing business with a new partner, it would be wise to check with your management team and request references before proceeding. As always, use prudence when choosing such an important partner.
- www.dhs.gov (Department of Homeland Security)
- www.fema.gov (Federal Emergency Management Agency)
- www.listo.gov (Spanish)
- www.noaa.gov (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)
- www.ready.gov (Government website urging Americans to “Prepare, Plan and Stay Informed” when dealing with potential disasters)
- www.redcross.org (The Red Cross)
- www.sba.gov (Small Business Administration)
- www.usa.gov (The official site of the United States)
CONSULTANTS & RESOURCES
The Archival and Records Management Services Division
ASAE & The Center for Association Leadership
ASAE & The Center Building
1575 I St., NW
Washington, DC 20005
Aldrich Consulting Services Inc.
10 Almond Rd.
Burlington, NJ 08016
Business Continuity BCP
Alyce M. Chasse
P. O. Box 97
Kentfield, CA 04914-0017
Online e-mail form
10025 Maple Ave.
Columbia, MD 21046
Online e-mail form
Disaster Recovery One Inc.
Huffmaster Crisis Management
ICA Risk Management Consultants
1 International Blvd., Ste. 605
Mahwah, NJ 07495
Online contact form
MBA Technologies, Inc.
Online Disaster-Planning Tool
ServiceMaster by Mistick
David M Shapiro Disaster Planning & Recovery Consultants
4030 Wake Forest Rd., Ste. 300
Raleigh, NC 27609
The Southeastern Library Network
1438 West Peachtree St., NW, Ste. 200
Atlanta, GA 30309
Milka (mic) Peric is the founder of www.iedit2.com. mic offers proofreading, website research, data entry and transcription services. She has specialized in the HVACR industry for more than nine years. Contact her at [email protected] or 216/308-0102.