Indianapolis-based refrigerant producer, ICOR International, Inc., has been accepted into the EPA’s GreenChill Advanced Refrigeration Partnership. GreenChill is an EPA alliance with the supermarket industry to reduce refrigerant emissions and decrease their impact on the ozone layer and climate change.
GreenChill works to help food retailers:
- Transition to non-ozone-depleting refrigerants;
- Lower refrigerant charge sizes and eliminate leaks; and
- Adopt green refrigeration technologies, strategies, and practices.
The GreenChill Partnership has three main programs that help food retailers reduce their refrigerant emissions:
- The Food Retailer Corporate Emissions Reduction Program
- The Store Certification Program for Advanced Refrigeration
- The Advanced Refrigeration Promotion Program
“Our company brings several decades of valuable ACR system conversion experience to the partnership,” says Dave Callender, field technical support supervisor for ICOR and assigned to represent ICOR in the GreenChill Partnership. “My years of experience as a refrigeration supervisor for a large supermarket chain, combined with the numerous commercial system conversions I have assisted with since working with ICOR, give me the ability to bring a real “hands on” perspective to the GreenChill discussion.” Dave Callender is a 30-year veteran of the ACR industry. Originally introduced to the HVACR trade while serving in the prestigious U.S. Navy Seabees, he is NATE certified and recognized as a Certificate Member Specialist (CMS) for Commercial Refrigeration with the Refrigeration Service Engineers Society.
ICOR International provides technical assistance to contractors and equipment owners who are converting their existing ACR systems to one of our non-ODP HFC alternative refrigerants, R-422B or R-422C. Their primary goal is to help product users:
1) Qualify systems for conversion
2) Select proper refrigerant
3) Recommend necessary system modifications or repairs
4) Determine proper refrigerant charge
5) Optimize system performance
6) Collect pre and post system performance7) Develop comprehensive preventative maintenance programs
ICOR International, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company, and an active board member with the Alliance for Responsible Atmospheric Policy based in Arlington, VA.
For more information on ICOR’s products and services, visit: www.icorinternational.com.