Emerson Climate Technologies offers advice on the wisdom of providing customers with WiFi* thermostats.
With Wi-Fi enabled thermostats predicted to outsell standard digital thermostats in the next five years, smart contractors are making room for Wi-Fi thermostats on their trucks and in their business plans.
To ensure you are taking advantage of the opportunities provided by the rapid change to this market, the thermostat team at Emerson has put together this list of five things every contractor needs to know about Wi-Fi enabled thermostats.
Shop carefully to ensure you are bringing your customers a Wi-Fi enabled thermostat that meets their expectations for price and offers your business strong margins.
1. Wi-Fi enabled thermostats can be affordable AND profitable. Shop carefully to ensure you are bringing your customers a Wi-Fi enabled thermostat that meets their expectations for price and offers your business strong margins. Check with your local wholesaler for their top recommendations.
2. They are easy to install. Don’t worry about your technicians having to learn complex new technology. There are good Wi-Fi enabled thermostats out there that will walk you through the online set-up via the app.
3. Wi-Fi enabled thermostats offer an opportunity to promote your business. Be sure to take advantage of the Wi-Fi enabled thermostats that allow you to enter your business name, phone number and even logo, so your business is top of mind when system service is needed.
4. No c-wire required. More than 60 percent of homes don’t have a c-wire, but there are good Wi-Fi enabled thermostat options that don’t require one.
5. Homeowners love the convenience. Over 70% of homeowners who have a programmable thermostat don’t use the programming feature. Being able to quickly adjust the temperature when you need to is a convenience with today’s busy lifestyles.
Today, three out of four homes have Wi-Fi. So now is the time for distributors and contractors to offer an affordable Wi-Fi option that will help grow your business.
For more information on Emerson thermostats, visit www.EmersonSensi.com.
Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance®.