Each month, Contracting Business picks a leading contractor and takes a look at the products, tools, and services that he or she has chosen to help make their company successful.
Chapman Air & Heat, Dallas, TX
Chapman Air and Heat has installed, serviced and maintained residential and commercial air conditioning and heating systems since 1981. Founded by Marvin Chapman, CEO and president, the company has a reputation for providing top-notch installations for the true custom homebuilder as well as the residential and commercial replacement/service market. As a Top 10 Trane dealer in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, Chapman focuses on providing the highest quality craftsmanship and providing same day service to meet their customer’s time constraints.
In The Trucks
- Number and type of trucks/vans: 39 full-size Ford vans, six Chevy, Ford, and Toyota pickups, one flatbed.
- Inventory on trucks/vans: Heavy on standard repair and start-up parts, refrigerants.
- Tools provided to technicians: Robinair refrigerant recovery machine and vacuum pump, ladder, Black & Decker drill, thermostat tester, level, hand-held vacuum, soldering/blazing tools, first aid kit, camera.
- Preferred field communication: Nextel.
- Preferred ladder manufactuer: Werner.
In The Office
- Preferred business management software: ChapPro, designed by Marvin Chapman.
- Preferred sales management software: ChapPro and Act.
- Preferred computer/ printer equipment: Dell, Hewlett Packard.
- Preferred photocopier and fax equipment: Canon.
- Business connection to the Internet via: DSL.
- Preferred uniform supplier: purchase from My Corporate Store.
- Credit Cards Accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express.
In The Shop
- Preferred HVAC heating and cooling equipment brands: Trane.
- Preferred accessory equipment: Trane, Aprilaire, Skuttle.
- Preferred zoning equipment: ZoneFirst, Honeywell.
- Number of technicians currently certified, and type of certification: 8 are EPA certified; 6 have Carrier Variable Volume and Temperature (VVT-V3) certification. Other certifications include TEMSCO energy management and Trane’s Tracker, Tracer, and Comfortlink II systems.
- Preferred zoning equipment: Trane, Johnson Supply, Standard Supply.
- Amount of equipment inventoried: $50,000.