The latest in "green" products, technologies, trends and solutions will take center stage at the 2009 AHR EXPO®, January 26-28, 2009, at Chicago’s McCormick Place.
Building on the green focus of last year’s Show in New York, the 2009 AHR EXPO will place a special emphasis on environmentally friendly and energy efficient products and technologies. ‘Green’ building, sustainable design and renewable energy will be just a few of the topical subjects that will be covered at the 61st edition of the world’s largest HVAC/R exposition.
In addition to the hundreds of environmentally conscious products and technologies on display, several ‘green’ seminars and sessions will also be offered to attendees, including:
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Energy Star Program will host an information booth as well as conduct an educational session at the 2009 Show.
- The Partnership for Environmental Leadership, a collaboration of six green-minded industry associations, is driving its HVAC Mobile Green Classroom right onto the AHR EXPO Show Floor. Attendees will have free access to valuable hands-on learning opportunities presented inside this informative classroom. The training trailer demonstrates new and innovative technologies being used to enhance a building’s energy efficiency while maintaining occupant health, safety and comfort.
- The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) will present a full-day LEED® educational program.
- The Green Mechanical Council (GMC) will provide two free educational programs for interested attendees.
- The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) will offer several seminars on a variety of important ‘green’ topics.
- AHR EXPO will also sponsor several ‘green’-focused sessions.
To recognize industry suppliers who offer products for a cleaner indoor environment, the AHR EXPO will once again present the Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) designation. Companies that showcase products for indoor air quality improvement receive a special IAQ sign to display in their booths during the Show. Also, the most innovative green HVACR product will be selected from among exhibitor submissions as the winner of the prestigious 2009 AHR EXPO Innovation Award in the ‘Green Building’ category.
Recognizing the need to offer more sustainable products and technologies, many exhibitors said they are planning on showcasing ‘green’ solutions.
Visit www.ahrexpo.com for additional information.