Enterprise HVAC Service & Control is the 2011 ContractingBusiness.com Commercial HVAC Contractor of the Year. The company was founded by Dick Starr in 1977. He and the entire Enterprise team are champions in providing the highest levels of service and integrity to their customers, who manage a wide variety of commercial buildings. Enterprise is a certified testing, adjusting, balancing agency in both forced air and hydronic systems, with the National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB). The company is a Tridium-authorized systems integrator, and has been a LINC Service® Contractor since 1998. In addition, Enterprise has been designated as both a STAR® and a GreenSTAR contractor by the Mechanical Service Contractors of America (MSCA).
"The Enterprise Corporation believes that the function of our company is the acquisition and maintenance of customers. We understand that quality in our business means to do it right the first time," Starr says. Read the Enterprise story.
IN THE TRUCKS
- Type of trucks/vans: Chevy Express cargo vans, Ford vargo vans, GMC pickup truck.
- Inventory on trucks/vans: Alco driers, Nu-Calgon coil cleaner, Trane safety controls, Honeywell damper linkages, Honeywell stat, Kele power supply, Atkinson sensor, Harris brazing rods, White Rodgers thermostats, and various fittings.
- Tools provided to technicians: Stinger recovery machine, Bacharach leak detector, Milwaukee drill/drive kit, Milwaukee electric shear, Robinar vacuum pump, Stinger reclaim machine, Fluke thermometer, temp clamps, and probes, Rigid pipe wrenches, Turbotorch, Ritchie charging manifold, Sears rollaway tool box, Snap-on/Craftsman/Stanley hand tools, Dewalt power tools, Bausch hammerdrill, Yellow Jacket leak detector, Yellow Jacket gauges.
- Test instruments technicians carry: Testo CO2 meter, CPS refrigerant leak detector, Snifit carbon monoxide analyzer, Fluke CO2 meter, Fluke infrared thermostat, Fluke temp/humidity gauges.
- Preferred field communications method: Verizon cell phones.
IN THE OFFICE
- Preferred business management software: Linc franchise specific software.
- Preferred business software: Linc franchise specific software.
- Preferred load calculation software: Air Conditioing Contractors of America (ACCA) load calculation software.
- Preferred sales management software: Linc franchise specific software.
- Preferred computer/printer equipment: Dell and HP.
IN THE SHOP
- Preferred HVAC heating equipment brand: Cleaver Brooks.
- Preferred cooling equipment brands: Carrier, York, Mitsubishi.
- Preferred accessory equipment brands: Baldor motors, Belimo actuators, Parker Sporlan, Ridgid.
- Preferred Indoor Air Quality equipment: Lennox, Trane, Honeywell.
- Preferred zoning equipment: Honeywell, Belimo.
- Technician certification: National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), United Association (UA), MSCA STAR® and GreenSTAR.