Schaumburg, IL has been buzzing this week: because it’s Mechanical Systems WEEK! That’s the trade show devoted to residential and commercial heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and hydronics for professional contractors, appearing in Schaumburg for the first time, to great success.
For 16 years, HVAC Comfortech has been known as THE seminar series and product showcase for residential and light commercial HVACR contractors to attend. That’s more true than ever now that HVAC Comfortech has become part of Mechanical Systems WEEK, and HydronicsTech and PlumbTech have been brought into the fold. For the first time, Contracting Business.com magazine is teamed up with sister publication, Contractor — combining the editorial strength of both into a powerhouse live event. This combination is what gave birth to Mechanical Systems WEEK.
The event has been filled with informational seminars, product displays, and recreational events for some relaxation after a long day of learning. Highlights of the 2012 show to date have included topics in the following HVACR, plumbing and hydronics categories:
- Hit a Home Run Selling Geothermal Systems
- Maximizing Your Mobile Billboard: Using Your Trucks for Branding and Marketing
- Guide to Social Media for Contractors
- Home Performance and the HVAC Contractor
- How to Make Your Company a “Contractor of the Year.”
- Creating Your Future Instead of Reacting to It
- Reinventing Conventional Hydronics
- Keeping on the Right Side of State and Local Plumbing Codes.
By the end of today, the thousands of Mechanical Systems WEEK attendees will have attended more than 50 sessions guaranteed to help them build their HVACR, plumbing, and hydronics businesses.
Mechanical Systems WEEK also features a comprehensive, two-day Product Showcase, featuring exhibits by hundreds of leading HVACR, plumbing and hydronics industries manufacturers, consultants, and service providers.
Featured Guest Speakers This year, as in years past, Mechanical Systems WEEK is bringing two keynote speakers with relevant and hard-hitting messages. For 2012, we have as keynoters: Jason Dorsey, “The GenY Guy,” who provided a humorous but very relevant message on how employers can cross the “generational divide” in building their workforces; and, Rich Trethewey, star of TV’s “This Old House,” who combined a contractors viewpoint into being successful, with a sensible but comic touch.
GeoDay, NCI, RPA, Service Roundtable, WHVACR
Mechanical Systems WEEK 2012 includes GeoDay —a day of learning how to sell and install geothermal comfort systems, courtesy of ClimateMaster —as well as a number of other important meetings from leading contractor organizations:
- The Radiant Professionals Annual Membership Meeting
- The Service Roundtable Fall Membership and Service Nation Alliance meetings
- the Ninth Annual Women in HVACR Annual Meeting
- National Comfort Institute Fall Meeting.
Knowing the draw of Mechanical Systems WEEK, the leadership of these organizations have brought their many success-oriented members to Schaumburg for a week of networking, product demonstrations, and idea-sharing.
To help attendees relax after all the learning, Mechanical Systems WEEK offered the annual Thursday Night Extravaganza party — sponsored by Emerson Climate Technologies, which is celebrating the installation of its 100 millionth Copeland Scroll compressor — and a night of bowling, bocce, and boisterous fun at a local Schaumburg bistro, Pinstripes.
Mechanical Systems WEEK 2012 is supported by generous sponsors, comprised of leading manufacturers and organizations across the expansive HVACR, plumbing, and hydronics universe:
- Emerson Climate Technologies
- AC Smith
- Jackson Systems
- Triangle Tube
- Radiant Professionals Alliance
- Service Roundtable
- HVAC-Talk: The HVACR industry’s leading online discussion forum.
- Power Selling Pros
- AireServ Heating & Air Conditioning.
Mechanical Systems WEEK 2012 continues through Sept. 21, with sessions sure to be of interest to contractors interested in growing and improving their businesses. Among today's sessions are:
- Electricity Basics for HVAC and Hydronic Technicians
- Dealing with Condensation Problems
- Service Managers: Keep the Bar High
- Incorporating Energy Management Services Into Your Commercial HVAC Company
- Reinventing Conventional Hydronics.
Mechanical Systems WEEK 2013 will be held in Philadelphia, PA.