It's here. It's now. GAME ON! HVACR WEEK starts today at the Baltimore Convention Center. From all across the U.S., HVACR contractors and manufacturers are gathering at the Baltimore Convention Center, for an event that is focused on positivity and growth in an industry that's been held back by an economic downturn.
HVACR WEEK is about making your own future amid uncertain times. It's about new ideas and methods to make an HVACR company prosper, and give it a jumpstart into the fall heating season.
HVACR WEEK is comprised of three programs: HVAC Comfortech (for residential HVAC contractors); the Commercial HVACR Symposium (for commercial HVAC contractors); and the Engineering Green Buildings Conference (for HPAC engineering professionals).
Events kick off today at 7 am with the Annual Meeting of Women in HVACR. Theme for this years conference: Team Building. It includes a keynote presentation by the WHVACR Woman of the Year, Carol Papesh, CFO of Conditioned Air, Naples, FL.
Other speakers include:
- Ruth King, on Personality Profiles
- Sharon Roberts, on Non-verbal Communication
- Phil Garrett, on Symptoms of a Struggling Team
- Sharon McGee, on How to Say No.
North American Technician Excellence (NATE) testing begins at 8am, as HVACR technicians take the tests that take them to the next level of technician excellence: NATE certification.
HVAC Comfortech seminars run from 1pm till 4:40 pm.
Today's sessions are:
- How to Get Free Airtime and Publicity
- Maintenance Agreement Magic
- Open Book Management and Team Building
- Residential Commissioning
- How to Analyze Financial Statements
- Partnerships that Work
- Improving Field Technician Performance
- Selling Indoor Air Quality Services
- The Importance of Carbon Monoxide Monitoring
- Married Couples: How to Survive Working Together in a Family Business
- How Well Does Your Field Team Connect with the Homeowner?
- An HVAC Contractors Guide to Becoming a Household Name
- Customer Satisfaction is More than Just Fixing or Installing Stuff
- Duct Design Fundamentals: Ten Tips to Keep You Out of Trouble
The First Timers Meeting is at 6:30.
They traditional Emerson Welcome Reception begins at 7:30 pm in the Hilton Baltimore Key Ballroom, Salon 7.
The next day's educational sessions begin at 8 am.