Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES) has announced the keynote speaker and a list of educational sessions for the 2012 RSES Annual Conference and HVACR Technology Expo, Nov. 14-17 at Wild Dunes Resort, Isle of Palms, SC.
Incoming President of Women in HVACR, Ruth Ann Davis, as the keynote speaker. She will address, “Making a Difference in a Changing Industry.” The 75th Annual Conference will be held in conjunction with the 23rd RSES Annual Mid-Southeast Regional Association Educational Conference.
Davis will discuss the challenges the HVACR industry faces from government regulations, changing standards and economic uncertainty while sharing her “out of the box” thinking that has made her 20-plus years in the industry the most rewarding years of her life.
“RSES is very excited to have Ruth Ann Davis as the keynote speaker this year. In addition to lending a female perspective to a male-dominated industry, her insights working with a manufacturer and serving on the boards and committees for several HVACR associations will prove invaluable to our audience,” says RSES Executive Vice President Mark Lowry. “With such a variety of experience in leadership roles, Ruth Ann is sure to inspire and motivate those hearing her speak.”
Davis has more than 20 years of experience in the HVACR industry. In her current position as vice president at Williams Comfort Products, she spends much of her time promoting not only Williams products to their distribution customers, but also working with contractors, utilities, engineers and governmental agencies for “pull-through” and specifying more energy efficient equipment. Williams Comfort Products is a manufacturer of residential, commercial and industrial heating and air-conditioning equipment located in southern California.
The following educational sessions have been announced:
- A/C Line Set Cleaning, by Riley Archer of RectorSeal Corp.
- Carbon Monoxide Safety, by Rich Bruno of Bacharach Inc.
- Certified Line Pressure Regulator Training, by Tom Ganfield of Maxitrol Co.
- Low-Pressure Steam Space Heating: Age-Old Principles Meet Modern Technology, by Dave Bunnell of The Steam Whisperer
- Residential Mechanical Ventilation Duct Sizing, by Nick Reggi, CMS
- Troubleshooting Microprocessor Controllers, by Joe Marchese, CMS, of Stulz Air Technology Systems Inc.
- Commercial Refrigeration ECM Update will be led by Chris Mohalley of Genteq, a division of Regal-Beloit Corp.
Gas Valve Actuators Made Simple, by Raymond Joubran of Invensys Controls
- NEBB's Building Envelope Testing, by Rodney Hinton and Troy Byers of National Environmental Balancing Bureau
- R-22 Alternatives, by Stephen Spletzer of Arkema Inc.
- Refrigerant Identification, by Jim Mowery of Bacharach Inc.
For additional information or questions contact Jean Birch, RSES conference and seminars manager, by phone at 800/297-5660 x4046, or by fax at 847/297-5038, or by e-mail at [email protected].