The Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors of America (SMACNA) has issued its final results of the 2006 SMACNA Safety Excellence Award Program (SSEAP), which finds members worked more than 56 million hours without a lost time accident.
SMACNA initiated the program to track the safety history of the sheet metal industry. It evaluabes safety data, identifies trends, recognizes SMACNA members with the lowest incidence rates in the prior calendar year.
Members participate by completing an online survey documenting safety practices and safe hours.
Those who participate receive a certificate of appreciation, and a free copy of the SMACNA "Hazcom Toolbox Talks" manual, which promotes chemical safety in the workplace.
Direct questions about the SMACNA Safety Statistics Evaluation and Awards Program to Mike McCullion, director of safety and health at 703/995-4027 or e-mail [email protected]
Winning companies are:
Over 500,000 hours
- University Mechanical Inc. – Tempe, Ariz.
- Murphy Company – St. Louis, Mo.
- NewMech Companies Inc. – St. Paul, Minn.
- CCI Mechanical Inc. – Salt Lake City, Utah
- Monterey Mechanical Co. – Oakland, Calif.
- Martin Petersen Company Inc. – Kenosha, Wis.
- Illingworth Corp. – Milwaukee, Wis.
- Pahor Air Conditioning Inc. – Las Vegas
- Airco Mechanical Inc. – Sacramento, Calif.
- S.P. McCarl Company – Altoona, Pa.
- Straus Systems, LTD. – Stafford, Texas
- Harris Hart Inc. – Ogden, Utah
- Mechanical Concepts Inc. – Gary, Ind.
- East Muskegon Roofing and Sheet Metal Co. – Muskegon, Mich.
- Niagara Frontier Custom Fabrication – Blasdell, N.Y.
- Neudorfer Engineers – Seattle, Wash.
- Environmental Heating and Air Conditioning – Oxnard, Calif.
- Winaire Inc. – Huntington Beach, Calif.
- A T Heating Air Conditioning Corp. – Bountiful, Utah
- Lackey Sheet Metal LLC – St. Louis, Mo.
- Environmental Air Services – Folcroft, Pa.
- TRI-C Sheet Metal Inc. – Cleveland, Ohio
- Gieske Custom Sheet Metal Fabricators – Kansas City, Mo.
- Tri-State Sheet Metal Inc. – Keokuk, Iowa
Chapter Participation Awards
- SMCA of Philadelphia and Vicinity
- SMARCA of Minnesota Inc.
- The Association of Mechanical S/M Contractors of Kansas