The Spectroline Complete BigEZ Leak Detection Kit contains everything needed to locate refrigerant leaks in medium to large commercial air conditioning and refrigeration systems — including high-pressure R-410A systems. This method is best when used as part of a preventive maintenance plan, in which the dye is added to a system before a problem has occurred.
How It Works
Simply add a small amount of fluorescent dye to the system and allow it to circulate. The dye can be added with the system off or running. The dye/refrigerant mixture will then escape and accumulate at all leak sites. By scanning the system with a leak detection flashlight, all leaks will ﬂuoresce green, making them easy to spot.
The Kit Includes
- OPTI-LUX 400 Rechargeable Flashlight - a powerful, violet light LED leak detection flashlight which stimulates fluorescent dye response. Has an inspection range of 25 feet (7.6 m) or more.
- BigEZ Dye Injector – simple and mess-free injection method.
- Universal/POE Multi-Dose 4 oz (118 ml) Dye Cartridge - calibrated in ⅛ oz increments so technicians can add the exact amount of dye required for each system. Each cartridge treats up to 16 gallons (61 L) of lubricant, 400 lbs (181 kg) of refrigerant or 160 tons of cooling.
- 8 oz (237 ml) Spray Bottle of GLO-AWAY Dye Cleaner
- Hose Assembly with Check Valve and Low-Loss Fitting
- Purge Fitting
- Three Drip Plugs
- AC/DC Charger
- Fluorescence-Enhancing Glasses
Headquartered in Westbury, New York, Spectronics Corporation invented fluorescent leak detection in 1955, and remains the world’s leading manufacturer of ultraviolet equipment and fluorescent dyes. Spectroline cutting-edge, top-quality, industry-awarded lamps, dyes, and diagnostic tools are built to exacting standards, and are used in dozens of markets. For more information, call 800-274-8888 or visit our website at http://www.spectroline.com.