ASHRAE sources announced today the opening of registration for its 2019 Winter Conference, to be held in Atlanta, Ga., Jan. 12-16, at the Omni Hotel Atlanta at CNN Center and the Georgia World Congress Center. Registration for the conference provides entry to the co-sponsored AHR Expo, to be held Jan. 14-16 at the Georgia World Congress Center.
The ASHRAE Winter Conference features eight conference tracks, tours, social events, and a keynote speech from Grant Imahara, a former host of Discovery Channel’s MythBusters.
The conference presents the latest topics in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration industries through a technical program featuring more than 100 sessions and 300 speakers.
“Technology, operational demands, codes, and design objectives are constantly changing. System designers, manufacturers, representatives, and contractors must continually adapt to a changing industry landscape,” says Corey Metzger, conference chair. “The 2019 ASHRAE Winter Conference will provide a valuable opportunity for the sharing of knowledge and information, and the technical program at the conference will provide a venue for a wide range of presentations and discussion.”
Program tracks include:
- Systems and Equipment
- HVAC&R Fundamentals and Applications
- Construction, Operation and Maintenance of High Performance Systems
- Common System Issues and Misapplications
- The Convergence of Comfort, Indoor Air Quality and Energy Efficiency
- Building Integrated Renewables and Natural Systems
- The Engineer's Role in Architecture.
ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI) will offer five full-day and 15 half-day seminars taking place during the conference.
New ALI courses include:
- Advanced Designs for Net Zero Buildings
- Solar PV & Thermal System Analysis and Design
- Thermal Energy Storage Systems for Air Conditioning
- Choosing the Right Energy Code for your Project – IECC 2018 or ASHRAE 90.1-2016
- How Smart, Efficient, Sustainable Systems Lead to Improved Resilience
The AHR Expo hosts more than 2,100 exhibitors and attracts crowds of 60,000 industry professionals worldwide. ASHRAE Winter Conference registrants will have full access to the AHR Expo with a conference badge.
ASHRAE conducts about 600 meetings during the course of the conference, with some 100 specific technical topics in HVAC&R technology addressed. The meetings are open to the public.