During its 2017 Annual Meeting, held Sept. 28 to Oct. 1 in Stowe, Vt., Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International Inc. introduced Doug Yamashita, executive vice president of sales and marketing, Acme Engineering & Manufacturing Corp., as its president for 2017-2018.
Yamashita is the third person from Acme to serve as president of AMCA. The focus of his term, he says, will be engaging with and fostering participation from new employees of member companies.
"AMCA has been well-served by the leadership of its member companies for 100 years, but like all industrial organizations today, AMCA needs to help the association and its members prepare for the next generation of leaders," Yamashita said.
Yamashita joined Acme as applications engineering manager in 1994 and transitioned to sales management in 1998. He was elected to AMCA's Board of Directors in 2010. He is chair of the Advocacy and Nominating committees. Previously, he served on AMCA's Sales and Marketing Steering, Statistics, Marketing, Air Movement Code Action Review, DOE/Fan Regulation, and Audit committees and its FEG, Product Efficiency, System Efficiency, and FEI Marketing task forces.
A native of Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Yamashita holds a degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Waterloo in Ontario, Canada. He is a citizen of Canada and the United States.
Also during its 2017 Annual Meeting, AMCA elected the following to three-year terms on its Board of Directors:
- Yongning Chen, senior engineer, Zhejiang Yilida Ventilator Company Ltd.
- Trinity Persful, vice president of marketing, Twin City Fan Companies Ltd.
- Mike Wolf, director of regulatory business development, Greenheck Fan Corp.
- Mats Sandor, technical director, Systemair AB, was elected to another three-year term on the Board of Directors.
Remaining AMCA Board of Director members:
- Chairman of the Board: Tim O'Hare, vice president of sales and marketing, The New York Blower Co.
- Vice President: Dave Johnson, director of engineering, Berner International Corp.
- Treasurer: Amit Ahuja, general manager, Maico Gulf.
- Secretary: Keith Glasch, president, Ruskin, a brand of Johnson Controls.
- Director: Frank Cuaderno, vice president of engineering, Mars Air Systems LLC.
- Director: Tom Gustafson, chief technology officer/quality manager, Hartzell Air Movement.
- Director: Jim Meats, director of marketing, Loren Cook Co.
- Director: C.K. So, head of department, GTG Industries Sdn. Bhd.
- Executive Director: Mark Stevens, AMCA International.