Economist and former White House director of economic policy Todd Buchholz, and Weldon Long — entrepreneur, sales expert and author — will present the keynote addresses during the Comfortech 2016 conference, Sept. 19-22 in Philadelphia, Pa.
Buchholz brings a unique perspective on economic forecasting: Will the crash in commodity prices and interest rates unhinge the economy, or propel it forward? Can the Fed keep the economy recovering in the Janet Yellen era? How will the 2016 presidential election campaign shake the economy? Buchholz will help attendees determine whether OPEC and Russia can tighten energy supplies again, or whether a revolution in natural gas will reinvigorate U.S. factories. Additionally, atendees will learn how the “scissors economy” opens up new business and investment opportunities.
Weldon Long — author of “The Power of Consistency — Prosperity Mindset Training for Sales and Business Professionals” — will be our second keynote presenter. He will tell the fascinating and inspiring story of his journey from prison to becoming a successful entrepreneur and New York Times best-selling author, and the mindset it took for him to get there.
During his address, Long will share his unique FEAR (Focus, Emotion, Action, Results) Process of how to transform your mindset to one of prosperity and focus, to get exactly what you want out of life.
During another session on how to become “The Invincible Sales Professional,” Long will describe the sales process he created to catapult himself from living in a homeless shelter to building a $20,000,000 company in just 5 years. He will share his incredible RISC sales process (Relationship, Investigate, Solution, Conclusion).
Many Exciting Sessions and Exhibits
Management & Recruiting sessions will include:
• “High-octane Service Management,” by Steve Coscia.
• “Top 5 Strategies for Aggressive Growth,” by Mike Agugliaro of Gold Medal Service and CEO Warrior.
• “Generations of Excellence,” by Tom Krygsheld, and Kevin Frump, of Illiana Heating & Air Conditioning, which was named the ContractingBusiness.com 2016 Residential Contractor of the Year.
• “Is Your Business Prepared for a Crisis?” by public realtions expert Heather Ripley.
A Sales & Marketing Track will feature:
• “The Secret to Data-driven Strategic Marketing,”
presented by Joseph Phillips of ServiceTitan.
• “How to Beat Low-bidders in HVAC Replacement Sales,” by consultant/author Charlie “Tec Daddy” Greer
• “Generating 50 Leads per Month from Your Website,” by award-winning contractor Tom Casey.
Prolific author Carter Stanfield, co-author with David Skaves, of the industry bible, “Fundamentals of HVAC/R” will present a full-day workshop on “Electricity for the HVAC Contractor.”
Other full-day and half-day workshop topics include
• “Qualities of a Great Service Manager and “Maximizing Your Bottom Line,” by Brigham Dickinson of Power Selling Pros
• the always insightful Ruth King, on “Why KPI’s are Dangerous, and Data You Must Track to Ensure a Profitable Business”
• “Opportunities in Connected Products,” by Rob Munin of Lux Products • “Brazing Fundamentals,” by Harold Moret of the Copper Development Association.
Additional educational tracks will include:
• Smart/connected homes
• Management & recruiting
• Sales & marketing
• Prospering in the new, green market.
Technical residential tracks will include:
• Applying VRV/VRF technology
• A review of new HFO and hydrocarbon refrigerants
• Performance-based commercial retrofits.
The Comfortech Exhibit Hall will be open Sept. 21-22, with the HVAC industry’s newest and most innovative products, and interactive events.
A twist on the Annual Executive Leadership Symposium will address “NEW Directions for 2017,” and include a panel discussion on how to enter and succeed in new lines of HVAC business, such as home performance contracting, VRF/VRV, smart homes, alternative energy, and energy management.
C3 — The Comfortech Contractor Competition returns in 2016. During this ongoing event in the exhibit hall, participants will spar against their peers in three competitions in HVAC, plumbing and hydronics.
An annual award session will feature a star-studded roster of individuals to be honored for their excellent contributions to the HVACR industry.
Comfortech will feature entertaining social events, including a night of good times at the Philly Field House, sponsored by NORTEK Global HVAC.