For more than 15 years, Tim Bruce and his team at General Air Conditioning have been helping residents in San Antonio and throughout Bexar County keep their homes more comfortable. General Air provides high quality heating, air conditioning and indoor air quality services throughout the area, and uses only the best products to match exceptional service and installations.
In July 2013, General Air Conditioning became a repeat winner in the ContractingBusiness.com Quality Home Comfort Awards. Tim Bruce has added the QHCA logo to his vehicles (pictured here), and trucks have the company’s website URL in plain view: keepSAcool.com. To see General Air Conditioning’s latest QHCA-winning project online, read “Comfort Fit for a King,” at bit.ly/GeneralAirQHCA.
Photo by Tim Ryan, Cleveland, OH.
HERE ARE SOME OF GENERAL AIR CONDITIONING'S PREFERRED BRANDS:
IN THE TRUCKS:
- Number and type of trucks/vans: GMC 2500 van, two Chevy 3500 extended vans, Chevy 2500 extended van, Ford E-250 extended van, Ford Ranger with cap. All vehicles contain General Steel shelving systems.
- Inventory on vehicles: GE motors, GE/Genteq run capacitors, NSI low-level CO detectors, Harris 15% sil-phos, Service First and OEM replacement parts.
- Test instruments technicians carry: Enalasys Airflow EScan, Dwyer magnahelic gauges, TSI CA-calc combustion analyzer, Testo V318 boroscope.
- Tools provided to technicians: Digi-Cool digital gauges with Yellow Jacket Titan manifold, DeWalt 12 volt cordless drills, Bacharach recovery machine, Milwaukee Sawzall, J/B micron gauge and vacuum pump, Ridgid wet/dry vac, Mars H10G refrigerant leak detector.
- Preferred field communications method: Apple iPhones.
IN THE OFFICE:
- Preferred business management software: Aptora Total Office Manager.
- Preferred load calculation software: Wrightsoft.
- Preferred fleet tracking software: GPS of Texas — Trimble's Trimweb Watchdog System.
- Certifications: RSES CM, NATE heat pumps, air conditioning, gas furnaces and air delivery, National Comfort Institute air performance and combustion safety, Enalasys.
IN THE SHOP:
- Preferred heating equipment brands: Trane residential and light commercial for ducted systems, Mitsubishi for non-ducted systems.
- Preferred accessory equipment brands: Honeywell, RectorSeal, Owens Corning ductboard, Atco flexible ducts, Titus grilles, Diversitech slabs.
- Preferred zoning equipment: Trane Communicating Residential, Jackson Systems BZD.
- Preferred indoor air quality (IAQ) equipment: RGF Environmental, Trane Perfect Fit, Therm-a-stor dehumidifiers.
- Preferred distributor: Ince Distributing, Inc.
WANT TO APPEAR IN TOOLS OF THE TRADE? Check in with Terry McIver,
at [email protected] or call him at 216-931-9732.