LG Electronics USA has introduced its new Multi V III Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) commercial air conditioning system for large-scale facilities, such as commercial office buildings, hotels, hospitals and schools. The third-generation in LG’s popular Multi V series uses innovative VRF technology that enables improved energy efficiency by allowing occupants to choose whether to air condition or heat only the zones in use.
Multi V III will be LG’s flagship commercial
Multi V III will be LG’s flagship commercial HVAC system as demand for energy-saving HVAC technology continues to grow. “LG is committed to designing and providing innovative, energy-efficient products to all of our U.S. customers,” says Kevin McNamara, vice president, Commercial Air Conditioning, LG Electronics USA.
“For commercial air conditioning in particular, VRF technology is a game-changer, and the LG Multi V III leads the way by combining easy installation and maintenance with energy-efficiency. As a result, it offers lower lifecycle costs than traditional HVAC systems on the market today, and allows building designers to claim up to 16 LEED points,” McNamara says.
LG Multi V III delivers six key benefits for building owners:
- LG Inverter Scroll: A new high side shell innovation offers a more compact size for the same capacity output with greater reliability in cold climates.
- Rapid Start Cooling: The fast response cooling or heating feature reaches room set point temperatures forty percent faster than previous LG systems.
- AHRI 1230 Certification: Multi V III is one of the first performance certified VRF systems. This insures building owners receive verified ratings which comply with all national energy codes.
- Compact Footprint: Multi V III supports more indoor zones and takes up less outdoor space. When space or access is at a premium, this equates to significant cost advantages for the owner on large projects. Longer Piping Distances: Owners can reach extra zones that are further away from the Multi V III unit. This eliminates the need to invest in extra systems and saves on installation.
- Enhanced Energy Efficiency: The high side shell compressor, enhanced coil optimization and a double spiral sub cooler result in verified efficiency improvements for new national energy codes.
Multi V III will be available in the U.S. beginning in Q4 2011. More information on Multi V III, VRF technology and additional LG commercial air conditioning solutions can be found at LG-VRF.com.