Board of Directors of the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) met on October 1 to review the association's ongoing operations and elect officers for the 2004-2005 year.
During the recently-closed 2003 fiscal year, the association experienced a net membership growth of 9% — the first time ACCA ended a year with more members than it began in nearly a decade.
"Three years ago, the Board of Directors laid out an aggressive agenda to turn the association around, and we're farther along than we ever imagined,” says John Saucier, ACCA 2003-2004 Chairman. “Paul Stalknecht and his team at headquarters have done, and continue to do, a phenomenal job on behalf of our members. The ACCA Board is enthusiastic about the position we're in, and are looking forward to more great years to come."
The Board also elected officers for the 2004-2005 year; they will take office at the 2004 ACCA Conference & Indoor Air Expo, held February 25-28 in New Orleans. The officers are:
- Chairman: Skip Snyder, The Snyder Company, Upper Darby, PA
- Senior Vice Chairman: Greg Leisgang, JonLe Heating & Cooling, Cincinnati, OH
- Secretary: Richard Dean, Environmental Systems Associates, Columbia, MD
- Treasurer: Phil Forner, Allendale Heating Company, Allendale, MI
- Immediate Past Chairman: John Saucier, Temperature, Inc., Memphis, TN
- Chairman, Advisory Council: Jim Hussey, Marina Mechanical, San Leandro, CA
- Vice Chairman: Ray Isaac, Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning, Rochester, NY
- Vice Chairman: Bill Moss, M&H Air Conditioning, Memphis, TN
- Vice Chairman: Bruce Silverman, Airite Air Conditioning, Tampa, FL
Immediately following the Board meeting, chapter presidents and chapter staff met for the annual ACCA Chapter Leadership Conference. At the conference, the paid chapter staff formed a new organization of their own to operate within ACCA and help chapters disseminate best practices and information to each other.
Officers for the newly-formed ACCA Association Executives Council are: Lynn Briggs, CAE. ACCA Michigan, chairperson; Pat Forker, ACCA Western Pennsylvania, vice chairperson; and Donna Sackett, ACCA Upstate New York, secretary/treasurer.
In addition, a new ACCA state association has been formed. ACCA Indiana will represent the interests of contractors throughout the state of Indiana; Linda Compton, formerly executive director of ACCA Central Indiana, will serve as executive of the state association.
For more information about ACCA, visit www.acca.org.