Worthington Cylinders, Columbus, OH, has acquired the assets of Newell Rubbermaid’s hand torch and solder business, sold under the BernzOmatic ® and Lenox ® brands and will begin supplying product direct to key accounts on July 1.
"Worthington Cylinders is excited to offer (contractors and distributors) an enhanced selection of quality products from a consistent, reliable supplier. You can also be sure that you will receive the best service in the industry, with personal, professional account management," says Dusty McClintock, vice president, sales and marketing.
BernzOmatic and Lenox products now available through Worthington Cylinders include:
- hand-held torches and torch fuel
- air acetylene torches, torch accessories and torch kits; air propane torches and accessories
- torch accessories (regulators, tank carriers, hoses, tank handles, tank sleeves)
- utility lighters, micro torches and butane fuel
- solder, flux, brazing rods; brazing wire; Babbitt/pewter/tin industrial metals
- plumbing brushes, pipe deburing tools, open mesh cloth and sand cloth; thermal shield gel; and plumber's bread.
Worthington Cylinders is a subsidiary of Worthington Industries , a leading diversified metals manufacturing company with 2011 fiscal year sales of $2.4 billion. The Columbus, OH-based company is a premier value-added steel processor and a leader in manufactured pressure cylinders, such as propane, oxygen and helium tanks, hand torches, refrigerant and industrial cylinders, camping cylinders, scuba tanks, and compressed natural gas storage cylinders; framing systems and stairs for mid-rise buildings; steel pallets and racks; and through joint ventures, suspension grid systems for concealed and lay-in panel ceilings, current and past model automotive service stampings; laser welded blanks, and light gauge steel framing for commercial and residential construction.
Worthington employs approximately 8,000 people and operates 74 facilities in 11 countries.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS CONTAIN LETTERS from Mr. McClintock to customers and suppliers.