If I could pinpoint one thing that prevents organizations and individuals alike from being successful, it would be FTTA — failure to take action. FTTA has a paralyzing effect on governments, institutions, small businesses, and individuals, preventing them from reaching their full potential. As a result, many dreams, desires, and dollars fall by the wayside.
So, how does a leader keep from falling victim to the phenomenon of FTTA? Here are five ways to eradicate FTTA in your HVAC dealership:
1. Exhibit Courage. Fear is the main ingredient in the FTTA recipe. By having the courage to rely on your experience, and the experience of people around you, you can determine and execute plans confidently. In return, you will be rewarded more often than not.
2. Become a lifelong learner. Being open to learning daily will boost your confidence and allow you to remain relevant in a constantly changing world.
3. Involve your team. Remember the trustworthy saying, “The ideas of many are always better than the ideas of one.” Brainstorming enables quality decisions and team buy-in.
4. Be ethical. It is critical to always do the right thing, and following this concept alone can prevent many FTTA situations.
5. Have a great vision for your company. Vision gives you and your team a framework in which to operate. With the right vision in place, your team feels empowered to act in the best interests of the company.