Are the technicians ready for long, tough days? Are the comfort advisors ready to visit customers’ homes at all hours of the day? Are you prepared to receive multiple calls (sometimes more than you can handle)?
This all means you have to be prepared to make decisions — fast. This is a critical time of the year and all your employees must be operating in a focused, efficient, and customer-driven fashion.
As a leader, consider the following:
1. Create an atmosphere in which your people desire to be successful. This means celebrating miniature victories as they transpire each day.
2. Encourage your team. Let them know they are important to the success of your company.
3. Give constructive feedback. Feedback will allow them to develop and become superior at the tasks they perform.
4. Show genuine concern for your employees.
5. Communicate effectively with the team. It’s important you communicate in a way that’s clearly understood.
Mike Moore is the HVAC Training Director at HVAC Learning Solutions, an HVAC industry expert in sales, technical, and business training. Visit Mike’s blog for more insights. Mike can be reached on Twitter @hvaclearning or on Google+ at gplus.to/hvactraining.