Upcoming Course Locations:
Woodcliff Lake, NJ - February 27-29, 2024
Longwood, FL - March 6-8, 2024
Middletown, PA - October 22-24, 2024
Don't see your preferred location? Email [email protected] with your name and preferred location, and we may just come to a city near you next!
Now is the perfect time to expand your knowledge by signing up for ACCA's Residential Design Class. This unique class offers you an excellent opportunity to expand your professional expertise and gain the tools necessary to design for quality HVAC installations.
- system design
- indoor and outdoor design conditions
- proper ductwork sizing
- duct layout and installation best practices
- proper methods for measuring the home and calculating areas
- entering data into the load calculation worksheet
- calculating heat loss and heat gain totals
- airflow essentials.
The 3-day class is a comprehensive training, covering 5 distinct topics showcasing the ACCA, “step-by-step,” residential HVAC system design process to ensure a quality installation.
- Manual J® Session: One will learn the important concepts used in assembling an accurate residential load calculation. Heating and Cooling Load Examples using MJ8ae will be presented in conjunction with the Manual J Do's & Don'ts to ensure accuracy throughout the entire load calculation evaluation. Real-world procedures will be to conduct a detailed site-survey to capture important construction details when building the load calculation report.
- Manual S® Session: One will learn how to properly select equipment for a dwelling using a detailed heating & cooling load calculation and actual OEM performance data from different manufacturers (Air Conditioning/ Heat Pumps/ Gas Furnaces).
- Manual D® Session: One will learn the crucial steps of designing a ducted distribution system (selecting appropriate ducts & fittings) to deliver the required airflow (CFM) at an acceptable velocity (FPM) to all spaces being conditioned.
- ACCA Standard 5 & Real-World Installation Tips Session: Step-by-step review on the ACCA Standard 5 (HVAC Quality Installation Specification) by which all quality HVAC installations should be designed and installed. Practical real-world suggestions to minimize call-backs on common installation problems to include zoning and commissioning.
Each student will receive a copy of Manual J 8th Edition, ACCA Duct Slide Rule, Manual D, Manual S, Manual T and ACCA/ANSI Standard 5.