Contractors will have the opportunity to learn technical installations, sales and marketing solutions and new business opportunities all while getting credits through North American Technician Excellence (NATE) and Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES).
And for the first time, Comfortech will be offering full- and half-day workshops. These Pre-Conference Workshops will take a deeper dive into topics that contractors have identified as important. Here are some highlights:
- NATE Certification Review and Testing
- The Invincible Sales Professional
- Smart Technology Evolution: Opportunity that Lies in Connected Products
- OSHA Approved Confined Spaces Training
Contractors attending the workshops will have direct interaction with topic experts like Weldon Long and Brigham Dickinson. They will leave with actionable ideas and strategies to apply immediately when they get back to work. Workshops take place Monday, Sept. 19, and Tuesday, Sept. 20.
Whether contractors need them to stay current with state requirements or are just looking to differentiate themselves from other contractors, credits enhance value and set contractors apart from the competition.
— Candace Roulo
Comfortech has partnered with NATE and RSES to offer credits for technical sessions and workshops. Whether contractors need them to stay current with state requirements or are just looking to differentiate themselves from other contractors, credits enhance value and set contractors apart from the competition.
There are over 50 credits available between NATE and RSES. Here is a breakdown by track:
- Management & Recruiting = 3 NATE Credits
- New Green Technology = 1.5 NATE Credits
- Sales & Marketing = 1.25 NATE Credits
- Smart Connected Homes = 1.25 NATE Credits
- Technical Light Commercial = 2.5 NATE Credits | 2 RSES Credits
- Technical Residential = NATE 6.25 NATE Credits | 5 RSES Credits
- Pre Conference Workshops = 18 NATE Credits | 13 RSES Credits
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR THE NEW WORLD:
Comfortech session tracks have been expanded to address new areas that are important to contractors. View the conference schedule. This year’s tracks are:
TECH TRACKS – LEARN AND GROW
New Green Market:
- Making Home Performance Work in Your Company
- Solar Thermal and Photovoltaics
Smart Connected Homes
- How Contractors Can Enter the Smart Market
- Connected Home: Winning the Channel
- Competing/Conflicting Codes & Standards
- Basics of Electricity for HVAC Contractors
- Opportunities in CO and Combustion Safety
- Troubleshooting Compressors & Expansion Devices in Air Conditioning
Technical Light Commercial
- Selling Performance-based Commercial Retrofits
- Applying Variable Refrigerant Flow Equipment
- A Review of New HFO and Hydrocarbon Refrigerants
Meet the Tech Pros:
- Rob Falke, National Comfort Institute
- Dave Yates, FW Behler
- Gene LaNois, Nest Labs
- Jedidiah Bentz, Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Bill Lee, Samsung HVAC
And many more…
Besides taking technical sessions and workshops, attendees will hear from two exciting keynoters: Todd Buchholz and Weldon Long.
Buchholz’s lively and informative speaking engagements earned him a place in Successful Meetings Magazine’s “21 Top Speakers for the 21st Century.” His keynote “Competing in a Chaotic Economy” will connect the dots of the world economy and help contractors develop a timely vision for the economy, the financial markets and the dramatic presidential race ahead.
And attendees are in for a treat during Long’s motivational and inspirational keynote. Long built an Inc. 5000 company with over $20,000,000 in sales. He is one of the nation’s most powerful and motivational speakers — teaching others the Sales and Prosperity Mindset philosophies that catapulted him from desperation and poverty to a life of wealth and prosperity. Not only is Long keynoting Comfortech, attendees can also sign up for a workshop by him — The Invincible Sales Professional. Read about Long’s amazing life story.
During this inspiring workshop, Long discusses the sales process he created to catapult himself from a homeless shelter to building a $20,000,000 company in just five years. He will share his incredible RISC sales process (Relationship, Investigate, Solution, and Conclusion).
This proprietary process leads customers down the “sales hallway” to proactively close the doors to the most common objections before they ever get brought up — "I need three bids,” “I need a cheaper price” and “I need to think about it” — This program finishes with the four most powerful words in sales, “Will you trust me?” Attendees will leave with strategies they can apply immediately to dramatically increase margins and close more business. You won’t want to miss out on this workshop! Sign up for pre-conference workshops.
Comfortech has also expanded content tracks to address new areas that are important to attendees. This year tracks are the New Green Market, Smart Connected Homes, Technical Residential and Technical Light Commercial. Contractors can attend the sales and marketing and management and recruiting sessions too! View all the sessions Comfortech is offering.
Read more about Comfortech 2016 and to sign up for the event! The Comfortech staff, along with CONTRACTOR and Contracting Business, look forward to seeing you at Comfortech 2016!