With the Conference being held in the big city of Chicago, the Technical Program itself is going big with a focus on big projects, the big picture and big impacts.
The Technical Program runs Sunday, Jan. 25, through Wednesday, Jan. 28.
The Conference features papers and programs for eight tracks, which address trends in the industry; are relevant to the design community in the area; and introduce a unique topic and include core tracks on systems and equipment and fundamentals and applications.
- Systems and Equipment: The proper selection of HVAC&R for a job is critical. This track covers considerations for a proper functioning system.
- Fundamentals and Applications: Basic HVAC&R principles are key in any project. Knowing what they are helps to apply in specific projects. This track covers a broad array of pertinent information.
- New! Industrial Facilities: Manufacturing and processes can have some different requirements for HVAC&R. This track explores design and practices for industrial buildings.
- New! Large Buildings: Mission Critical Facilities and Applications: Facilities like data centers have some different characteristics. This track looks at what is required for these unique applications.
- Energy Efficiency: Energy efficiency is on everyone’s mind as energy costs continue to rise. This track will cover an array of considerations to help drive towards net zero energy.
Recognizing the Members who Advance ASHRAE and the Industry
The plenary session, 3:15 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 24, features presentations to ASHRAE members being honored for many different accomplishments, including Fellows, Technical Awards and the Hall Fame Award. Hear Keynote Speaker Aron Ralston share the dramatic story of being forced to cut off his hand after being trapped while hiking. Author, adventurer and subject of the film 127 Hours, which was nominated for six Oscars.
Presidential Luncheon: People, Passion, Performance
ASHRAE President Tom Phoenix updates attendees on Society activities and reiterates his theme for the year, People, Passion, Performance. Join us 12:15-2 p.m., Monday, Jan. 26. A complimentary ticket is available upon request.