New Tecumseh mini-compressor Uses Less Oil
Tecumseh Products Company is pleased to introduce the all-new environmentally friendly TA series next generation refrigeration compressor developed for global applications in domestic appliances and small commercial products.
This totally redesigned, best-in-class compressor bolsters Tecumseh's small capacity global product offering for original equipment manufacturers of household refrigerators and freezers, as well as small commercial equipment such as water coolers and specialty food service devices.
Key advantages of the TA include:
- a "best in class"” designation, for combined size, weight, and efficiency
- it uses up to 35 % less oil than its predecessor
- up to 17 % smaller than older models of the same capacity
- redesigned internals provide for smoother motor operation
- increased suction muffler volume delivers quieter operation
- TA models cover 300 to 800 BTUH for an increased range of capacities.
Additionally, the new, AE2 compressor was launched earlier this year by Tecumseh for the commercial refrigeration market. Both new compressors were designed to satisfy today’s most severe energy requirements as well as those of the future. The TA is one of more than 150 Tecumseh products designed and developed to fulfill Tecumseh's Green Products Initiative. — Tecumseh
RSES Publication: Safety for HVACR Technicians
To address the increasingly important need to keep HVACR technicians safe in the field, Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES) is offering its brand new, 165-page book titled "Safety for the HVACR Service Technician." Topics covered in “Safety for the HVACR Service Technician” four-color book include: job site safety; personal protective equipment; fan safety; cylinder handling; soldering, brazing and welding; fire safety; material handling; and first aid. — RSES