SUNNYVALE, CA—Trimble announced that the 2019 MEP Basecamp User Conference will be held August 7 - 9, 2019 in San Diego, California. The event brings together mechanical, electrical and plumbing industry leaders, expert trainers and staff for hands-on training, educational sessions, exhibits and networking opportunities. The conference will include exclusive information on how the Constructible Process can help MEP contractors move beyond Building Information Modeling (BIM) to improve collaboration and productivity from the office to the field.
Keynote speakers include global technology evangelist Lynn Allen, Trimble’s vice president of Buildings Roz Buick, and general manager of Trimble’s MEP Division Lawrence Smith. The conference also includes computer labs, hands-on training, certification exams and thought leadership discussions. It is the premier technology event for project managers, estimators, foremen and field personnel across the MEP trades.
“Trimble’s MEP technology solutions enable our customers worldwide to meet their increasing project demands with a limited workforce,” said Lawrence Smith. “Our MEP Basecamp event showcases these solutions and provides the MEP industry with the tools and knowledge to help them build smarter and more efficiently than ever before.”
2019 Conference Tracks include:
- Estimating, Pricing & Takeoff: A mix of hands-on and in-depth sessions providing greater insight and understanding of Trimble’s innovative estimating and pricing solutions for estimators.
- Design & Fabrication: Targeted at individuals in Computer-Aided Design (CAD), BIM and Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) roles across the MEP trades, this track gives designers, detailers and fabricators the skills needed to drive greater confidence in office-to-field workflows.
- On the Jobsite: Targeted at field personnel across the MEP trades, this track features sessions focused around field layout with robotic total stations, 3D laser scanning and mixed reality technology for more efficient field workflows.
- Planning & Managing: This track provides managers across the MEP trades with the knowledge they need to improve productivity of their business through automation and software.
- Making Waves: With content relevant to everyone involved in MEP, this track will explore “What’s Next” for the MEP industry.
Additional topics to be discussed at the conference include:
- Building Beyond BIM: How to move beyond BIM to a constructible process that combines design, project management and engineering models into a collaboration and data-rich platform.
- Asset Management: How to manage and track tools and materials in real-time to reduce loss and increase productivity.
- Layout: The latest layout technology that brings more accuracy and efficiency to project workflows.
Trimble’s MEP Division provides contractors and engineers with complete technology solutions and current data from manufacturers and distributors to streamline workflows and increase productivity. For more information visit: https://mep.trimble.com.
To register for the 2019 Trimble MEP Basecamp, visit: https://mepbasecamp.trimble.com.