In the HVAC industry, contractors have much to be thankful for. Here are 16 things. You can be thankful that…
1. You live in the greatest nation on earth. There really is a thing called American exceptionalism.
2. You can worship who you want, when you want, where you want.
3. You are free to speak your mind and express yourself.
4. We can control the climate of the places where we work and live so that we are comfortable inside, no matter the weather outside.
5. You work in the HVAC industry, which is an industry people will need as long as it gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
6. HVAC is continuing to evolve and grow. The latest and most exciting opportunities are coming from the connected home.
7. Most of your assets are in your business, not the stock market. Thus, your wealth is not subject to the vagaries of Wall Street.
8. You work in service and installations, which cannot be outsourced to a third world sweat shop and is unlikely to be automated. There will always be demand for what you do.
9. You work in an industry where you can make as much money as you want. It is possible to become wealthy running an HVAC company. Others have done it. You can too.
10. You can out market your competitors and take share from them, especially in downturns when they pull back on advertising and marketing.
11. There are more resources available to help contractors grow their businesses today than ever before… and many are just a click away.
12. The environment is cleaner today as evidenced by the fact that in 2014, carbon monoxide was 38% of its 1990 level according to the EPA’s National Emissions Inventory Report. Nitrogen oxides were 50% of their 1990 level, sulfur dioxide was 20%, volatile organic compounds were 62%, and fine particle pollution (PM2.5) was 60%. Moreover, all continue to trend down, despite a growing economy.
13. Anthropogenic (man caused) global warming appears to have paused for the past couple of decades even though global carbon emissions have increased. This suggests the real climate might be less responsive to carbon dioxide than the computer models suggest. It’s good news.
14. The United States is once again, energy independent, thanks to the shale oil revolution. You no longer have to worry about running out of oil, only running out of the will to extract it.
15. You live in an age of innovation. You carry a cell phone in your pocket with more computing power than all of NASA had in 1969 when two astronauts walked on the moon.
16. You get Contracting Business Magazine and CB Hotmail. Moreover, they are free!
(Ed.note: gain access to all of our free subscriptions HERE)
At the Service Roundtable, we are thankful for this industry and the thousands of great companies we support. We hope you enjoy this holiday season with family, friends, and loved ones.