Maytag heating and air is proud to introduce the first-ever condensing gas/electric packaged system – the Maytag M1200 PPG3HE. This system reaches 95% AFUE, making it significantly more heating efficient than past gas/electric packaged unit models. While other units may reach 81% AFUE, this unit significantly surpasses that rating. This means that homeowners who choose to install this unit could enjoy reduced heating costs during the winter.
“The way this gas/electric packaged system operates is truly innovative,” says David Garvin, product manager at Maytag. “No other gas/electric packaged system works like the PPG3HE; therefore, no other gas/electric packaged unit can reach these unprecedented levels of heating efficiency.”
The PPG3HE, paired with an ECM blower, offers two-stage heating and 14-SEER single-stage cooling. Two-stage, condensing heating operation is made possible with a secondary heat exchanger. The condensate and flue gases are able to leave the unit together, ensuring that the condensate doesn’t freeze and cause a component to fail.
Additional features that aid in enhancing the quality of this gas/electric packaged system, include:
- A SmartStart control board that extends ignitor life by learning the start-up characteristics of the unit.
- All-aluminum, Micro-Channel indoor and outdoor coils increase resistance against corrosion.
- Horizontal configuration for easy slab installation. A downflow, rooftop configuration is scheduled to be available in the second quarter of 2014.
- A high-quality Copeland scroll compressor comes standard.
- Includes a corrosion-resistant drain pan and embossed bottom pan that assist in keeping the blower compartment dry.
Once registered by the homeowner, this Maytag system has a 12-Year Limited All-Parts Warranty and a 12-Year Dependability Promise to replace the unit if the compressor or heat exchanger fails. The Maytag R8HE M120 is also available with a 1-Year Dependability Promise when the unit is registered.
Contractors and distributors seeking additional information are asked to visit maytaghvac.com.