The selling season is here—is your team ready? Take advantage of it, and your HVAC business could grow dramatically. Prepare your leaders with successful sales management training, and give your profits the opportunity to flourish. These five actions will help create more concrete customer relationships and thereby increase your profits.
- Collect the prospect information. Each customer should be documented, and each document should be organized. This includes customers who call into the office, have service work done, or have signed a maintenance agreement.
- Schedule the sales appointment. It’s important to respond to the customer in an expedited fashion, preventing any opportunity for the competition to step in.
- Dispatch the sales appointments. Distribute the leads to the salespeople in a controlled and organized manner. Do not leave the distribution to chance—it should be controlled by your criteria.
- Follow up on the sales presentations. Many companies don’t follow up for several days, and others, not at all. More often than not, this simple move will score you the sale, because you were the only dealer to call back.
- Generate sales and lead reports. Evaluate the effectiveness of your sales team—this data is power and can be used to help determine where your sales team needs training and development.
Implement these steps and see how it affects your entire sales process overall. Read more HVAC sales tips on my blog, and don’t forget to tweet me what you think of this article at @HVACLearning.
Mike Moore is the HVAC Training Director at HVAC Learning Solutions, HVAC industry experts in sales, technical, and business training. Visit Mike’s blog for more insights. Mike can be reached on Twitter @hvaclearning or on Google+ at gplus.to/hvactraining.