As you stock your service vehicles for spring and summer, don't forget to include sealing tape. As good as duct fittings can be there are situations that call for superior sealing performance.
Avery Dennison recently provided us with a look at their lines of tapes. The company's complete line of foil HVAC tapes offers excellent bonding to help create a vapor barrier for sealing duct board, flexible duct and duct wrap. Avery Dennison also offers spray adhesive and duct tapes. HVAC duct sealing and mechanical fixation work demands tight, consistent and effective seals.
Avery Dennison provides high quality Fasson brand pressure-sensitive HVAC/R tapes that deliver a fast, permanent bond providing an airtight moisture barrier for sealing duct board, flexible duct and insulation facings.
Contractors can chose from a complete line of foil, FSK, film and cloth duct tapes. UL 181A-P and UL 181B-FX classified tapes carry a 20 year limited product warranty.
Fasson® brand tapes adhere best on clean dry surfaces. For a strong bond, maintain tension when applying tape and then squeegee tape flat. Be sure to store tape in a cool, dry place and to rotate stock.
- Fasson® 0800: 2 mil, high tensile strength aluminum foil, meets UL standard 181A-P & B-FX for high performance closure systems on rigid fiberglass duct board and flexible duct; uses a 2.4 mil, high shear, acrylic adhesive that carries a 20 year limited warranty; economically priced.
- Fasson® 0810:2 mil, high tensile strength aluminum foil, meets UL standard 181A-P & B-FX for high performance closure systems on rigid fiberglass duct board and flexible duct, uses a 2.6 mil, white, high shear, acrylic adhesive that carries a 20-year limited warranty.
- Fasson® 0802: 2 mil, dead-soft aluminum foil, coated one side with a 2.1 mil, quick-stick, synthetic rubber adhesive, offers a strong bond to a variety of surfaces. UL 723 classified. (shown in photo above)
- Fasson® 0821: A tri-directional Foil Scrim Kraft (FSK) facestock, that matches all jacketing material and FSK faced insulation, coated one side with an aggressive, 2.1 mil, synthetic rubber-based adhesive. UL 723 classified.
- Fasson® 1803: 1.5 mil, dead-soft aluminum foil, coated one side with a 1.8 mil, quick-stick, synthetic rubber adhesive system, offers a strong bond to a variety of surfaces. UL 723 classified.
Cloth Duct Tapes
Avery Dennison UL 723 cloth duct tapes are designed for use on sheet metal, in HVAC and mechanical insulation applications. They provide airtight seals on sheet metal sed in mechanical insulation and HVAC installations. This natural rubber adhesive provides a quick, aggressive bond with a polycoated cloth facing. Product families are Fasson® 950 and Fasson® 955. These tapes are UL 723 registered, and made in the USA. Fasson® 950 is 10 mil, economy grade cloth duct tape with a maximum performance temperature of 200F. Fasson® 955 is a 12 mil, metalized cloth duct tape with a maximum performance temperature of 200F.
Fasson® FAS-FLEX is a printed metallized BOPP used for connecting, joining and sealing flexible air ducts. It is UL 181 B-FX classified.
Fasson® 1000S is a high viscosity, excellent tack, multi-purpose spray adhesive for most lightweight materials. Specially formulated for fast and secure bonds, excellent properties for bonding dissimilar substrates
and V.O.C. compliant. It's designed to meet current government requirements.
Learn more at Tapes.AveryDennison.com.