Each month, Contracting Business picks a leading contractor and takes a look at the products, tools, and services that he or she has chosen to help make their company successful.
Environmental Air Conditioning Services, Jacksonville, FL
Environmental Air Conditioning Services, Inc., based in Jacksonville, FL, was founded by Howard Stalls, Jr., (shown at left with Greg Miscally, project manager) in 1987. EAC is committed to providing homeowners, businesses, and builders in Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia with high quality and reliable service. Stalls has dedicated himself to building EAC into an industry leader, through continual education and training. As a result, EAC has earned a reputation for doing the job right the first time.EAC specializes in projects ranging from residential to light commercial. Its services include air conditioning, heating, duct work, dehumidifiers, crawl space dehumidification, filtration systems, wine cellar cooling systems and indoor air quality. In July 2011, EAC won a ContractingBusiness.com Quality Home Comfort Award. Read about the project — "HVAC Team Gives a Gift of Comfort" — at: http://bit.ly/eacqhca
IN THE TRUCKS
- Type of trucks/vans: seven Chevy 2500 service body pickup trucks, two Chevy 2500 service vans.
- Tools provided to technicians: JB vacuum pumps, Yellow Jacket refrigerant reclaimers, Supco micron gauges, Hilti core drill, Milwaukee porta band saw.
- Test instruments technicians carry: Fluke multimeters, Fluke temperature meters.
- Preferred field communications method: Cellular phones.
- Preferred ladders: Werner.
IN THE OFFICE
- Preferred business management software: Quick Books.
- Preferred business software: ESC software.
- Preferred load calculation software: Wrightsoft.
- Preferred computer/printer equipment: Dell, HP.
- Preferred photocopier equipment and fax: Brother.
- Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard.
IN THE SHOP
- Preferred HVAC heating equipment brand: Trane, Lennox, Florida Heat Pump, ClimateMaster.
- Preferred cooling equipment brand: Trane, Lennox, Florida Heat Pump, ClimateMaster.
- Preferred indoor air quality (IAQ) equipment: UltraAir dehumidifers, Aprilaire, General Air.
- Technician certification: Two are state certified, five are certified by North American Technician Excellence (NATE), three are journeymen.
- Preferred distributors: Baker Distributing, Johnstone Supply, North Florida Supply.