Nortek Global HVAC has launched a new 3-phase large packaged gas/electric system in 2 to 5 tons for light commercial use. Model R8GE delivers energy-efficient 14 SEER cooling in advance of new federal efficiency standards that will take effect on January 1, 2017.
“After January 1, no manufacturer will be able to produce 13 SEER 3-phase models under 65 MBTUH,” explains John Remley, Nortek Global HVAC product manager. “We are well ahead of this standards change with our new 14 SEER R8GE 3-phase model, giving our customers a competitive advantage in the market.”
In addition to a higher efficiency level, NORTEK reports model R8GE 3-phase includes several benefits for light commercial contractors:
- All-aluminum Micro-Channel evaporator and condenser coil
- Rugged and innovative design for longevity
- Lighter weight for easier hoisting
- Less refrigerant needed for comparable performance
- TXV for precise refrigerant control
- Five-speed ECM blower motor for challenging airflow applications
- Corner protectors for personal safety
- Factory-installed air filter racks and access panels for servicing convenience
- High-pressure switch and factory-installed refrigerant filter drier for added compressor protection
Nortek Global HVAC’s new gas/electric packaged system is offered in a wide range of capacity and voltage variations, making it the preferred choice for many retrofit and new project jobs. Model R8GE 3-phase is available in the Mammoth and Reznor brands of commercial HVAC equipment.
For more information about innovative Nortek Global HVAC products, contractors and distributors please visit nortekhvac.com.