As a follow-up to the launch of new two-stage horizontal packaged models this past July, Enertech has released the next phase of the horizontal geothermal/water source heat pump product line. The single stage models are part of the company’s next generation Compact Horizontal Packaged system. This release includes eight models ranging in sizes from 1.5 to 6 tons.Built for drop-in installation, its small footprint and enhanced serviceability features make it an ideal solution for retrofit applications or new construction, and the
The ZS models provide the industry with a superior, high strength galvanized steel cabinet and higher efficiencies. The all-aluminum microchannel air coil and brazed plate heat exchanger (BPHX) allow for reduced refrigerant charge and increased efficiency. The brazed plate heat exchangers are built with asymmetrical passages to reduce fouling. Both the flow switch and sensor have freeze protection to assure reliable, continuous operation.
Enertech’s Compact Horizontal Packaged system is also one of the quietest units on the market. It features elastomeric compressor vibration absorption pads that reduce sound and prevent vibration from transferring to the unit cabinet. UL GREENGUARD Gold Certified high-density closed-cell foam cabinet insulation also absorbs sound, while eliminating the potentially harmful contaminants caused by traditional fiberglass insulation.
By incorporating many of the improvements introduced to the product line over the past few years, Enertech has designed a unit that is easy to install and service. The ZS features an easy access, pin-hinged control box that swings opens or can be lifted and easily removed for internal component maintenance or for service work in the control box itself. Also, an airtight blower section allows refrigerant and electrical service work to be performed while the unit is operational. This maintains accurate ECM blower operation and aids unit set-up or maintenance. The cabinet panels are also removable for easy component access, and the corner posts have an all-new design that improves access to internal components without sacrificing cabinet strength.
Other standard features include:
- ZS models are field convertible for side or end supply air discharge with right or left hand return air
- All-aluminum microchannel air coil improves efficiency
- Sensor-and-flow-switch-protected, foam-enclosed brazed plate heat exchanger reduces weight and refrigerant charge, while increasing performance
- Compact size allows easier installation in conventional 24” O.C. truss framed buildings
- Double mount compressor system featuring elastomeric compressor vibration absorption pads and rubber grommets provides superior sound and vibration insulation
- All models feature 1” source side FPT fittings
- High density, UL GREENGUARD Gold Certified, closed cell foam insulation protects against mold and improves sound absorption
- Enhanced shock loop refrigerant piping design reduces vibration
- Meets ENERGY STAR® requirements and qualifies for US federal tax credits.
ZS single-stage models join the previously released two-stage ZT models, which are currently produced in 2 through 6-ton sizes. GeoComfort, Hydron Module and TETCO brand models are available in both residential and commercial voltages to fit most any application. Production is taking place at Enertech’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Mitchell, SD. These models are available to order now with Enertech’s standard lead-time. Visit the company’s website to find specific brand and model information at www.enertechgeo.com. An informational video on the new model can be viewed on Enertech’s YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/user/EnertechMFG.